The Cashier's Office is located on the mezzanine level of the Bailey Center, just above Lion Central.
Hours: Monday – Wednesday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Click here for the current tuition and fees table, as well as for withdrawal/refund dates, and for our tuition payment plan, which makes paying for college easier.
Payment Instructions/View Account
1. Go to your myWallaceState account
2. Select Student tab, Student Services
3. Select "Make a Payment, Deposit, and Payment Plan"
PACT Authorization Form (must fill out each semester to utilize PACT benefits)
Tuition Refund Procedures
Students who do not completely withdraw from the College but drop a class during the regular drop/add period will be refunded the difference in the tuition paid and the tuition rate applicable to the reduced number of hours, including fees appropriate to the classes dropped. There is no refund due to a student who partially withdraws after the official drop/add period.
A student who officially or unofficially withdraws from all classes before the first official day of class will be refunded 100% of the total tuition and other institutional charges.
A student who officially withdraws completely on or after the first day of class but prior to the end of the third week of class will be refunded according to the withdrawal date, as follows:
- Withdrawal during first week 75% of adjusted tuition and fees less 5% administrative fee
- Withdrawal during second week 50% of adjusted tuition and fees less 5% administrative fee
- Withdrawal during third week 25% of adjusted tuition and fees less 5% administrative fee
- Withdrawal after end of third week No refund
NOTE: The Insurance fees are non-refundable unless the class is cancelled.
An administrative fee not to exceed 5% of tuition and other institutional charges, shall be assessed for each withdrawal within the period beginning the first day of class and ending at the end of the third week of class.
Tuition refunds are computed according to the date the student notifies the college Admission’s Office of their official withdrawal, not his/her last date of class attendance.
Refund checks are mailed from the Business Office weekly.
All refunds are issued according to ACCS Board Policy 803.02.
Click here for withdrawal and refund dates and deadlines for the current semester.
Student Financial Assistance
To supplement the efforts of students and their parents to meet educational cost, the Financial Aid Office strives to help each student work out a financial plan: Federal Pell Grant, Direct Loans, Parent Plus Loans, Federal Work-Study, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and State
Students who cannot pay 100% of their account balance by the payment deadline will be automatically enrolled in the Tuition Payment Plan which allows more time to pay balances due. There is a $25 enrollment fee. Click here for deadlines and more information.
1098T’s will be provided to you in two different ways:
- Mailed to your home address if you did not consent to only receive Electronically.
- Available online by January 31.
You may view and print your 1098T by first accessing the WSCC website (www.wallacestate.edu) and then logging into your myWallaceState account. Select Student Services/Make a payment/Statements. The following rules apply to the 1098T’s:
- Only charges for tuition and fees made by students who attended college at least half time are eligible.
- You will NOT receive a 1098T if you received a PELL Grant or scholarship money equal to or greater than your annual tuition cost.
- Book purchases are NOT tax deductible and will NOT be reflected on your 1098T.
- Foreign students will be required to provide a W-9S in order to receive a 1098T.
NOTE: Information about your tuition payments can NOT be discussed over the phone.